Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's Hold On!

Filming for the indie pilot/movie is done, and what a trip it was!

I seriously could not have asked for a better experience for my first time in the film industry.

My contract stated that I will be payed in no later than 30 days from filming, this has me in SUCH high spirits! I mean I love to act more than anything, but to be able to actually get paid to seems so foreign in concept. Now I'm most definitely getting paid $150 for it and, for only two nights of filming, it isn't bad at all. But I'm not sure if they'll count rehearsals as work days. If they do I'll be up $300 dollars instead, which is an even better deal.

It was really surreal when the cast was just hanging around during any free moment during the whole experience, maybe it's because I just about never associate with people outside of my own family: I got so many compliments. I kept getting called "Talented/Pretty/Smart/Cute/Adorable/etc." It was such a strong, steady flow that it really knocked me back.

I know that from an outside view I am some of those things, and sometimes I really do believe I am. Then there are just moments and spans of time that I can't see how a person could actually say a thing like that to me. I feel like there are people more deserving of those titles. I think it stems from when I was always over shadowed by my brothers or peers.

It's like this: I'm good at many things, but I do not believe I excel at anything. If that makes much sense.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it's all gone well for you! Yes, that will be a nice little paycheque for two nights' work! :)
    I know exactly what you mean, I've always been the sort of 'all-rounder' who is good at loads of things, but amazing at nothing.
    You need to start believing those compliments, lovely! Embrace them <3

    ReplyDelete